Episode 220 - Barry Murray (Part One)
We speak to BBC sports reporter George Riley about his 100 mile racing challenge and we have the first of a fascinating two-part nutrition interview with Barry Murray. Jantastic is in the final week. Win a free ticket for Marathon Mania in Manchester, we talk about the rise of the Kenyans and the forthcoming world half marathon championships. Training talk is a few do’s and don’ts for race week, your rate your run and who is on the podium?
00:00 - Intro
- Tom's been running really well but messing up his Jantastic score.
- Martin's not running.
- Thanks to adidas for their continued support
- Thanks to Yurbuds for their support of the show. To win a pair just tweet @yurbudsuk and @marathontalk with why you'd like a pair of new running headphones, include the #yurbudsMT
- Please support Marathon Mania in Manchester on Sat April 5th. | Buy tickets
- Want to win a a ticket? Name the 'Golden Toad" tweet @marathontalk and use the hashtag #goldentoad and suggest a name. We'll pick our favourites!
25:36 - News
- Rate Your Run is taken from our forum
- The Rise of Kenya | Science in Sport
- Demonstrator barred from VMLM | SBS News
- Paula Radcliffe to start the Brighton Marathon on Sunday 6th April | Run247
- It’s the IAAF world Half Marathon Championships this weekend in Copenhagen | IAAF
40:47 - Run for All Promotion - We speak to BBC Sports Reporter George Riley about his running goals. | Run for All.
- The Listener Podium is taken from our online ranks page
1:02:26 - Boy on the Run
1:08:40 - Training Talk - Race week do's and don'ts
2. Carb Load
5. Plan a race strategy
1:20:40 - Interview. Sports nutritionist Barry Murray breaks some myths about fueling your training.
1:49:40 - Rave
Thanks James Mills
I got a random standing ovation on my run yesterday. Going down a trail I saw a group of 8 walkers coming towards me and instead of just moving to the side they created a tunnel and cheered me through. Very random but made me smile for the rest of the run.
And for making us laugh...Treadmill fails from Daz Reevel
1:50:55 - Close
- Tom will be in London
- Martin will be hoping his hamstring recovers
- The Listener Launch Pad is taken from our events pages
Thank you for supporting Marathon Talk