Episode 216 - Bill Adocks (Part One)
We speak to a legend of British marathon running Bill Adcocks (he ran 2:10 in 1968). Jantastic is 7 weeks down. The first WMM of the year was in Tokyo last weekend. Rupp gets beaten in the US Indoor Champs, there’s a new record at the English National Cross Country Champs and women know your place.
00:00 - Intro
- Tom's been Yank scaring and running very long
- Martin's back running and meeting the awesome Walking with the Wounded team.
- Thanks to adidas for their continued support of the show
- Sign Gavin Megaw's petition here Over 8,000 already have.
22:00 - News
- Rate Your Run is taken form our forum, here
- Galen Rupp gets beat by a 39 year old (but ok, he is the reigning world indoor champion) | Race Results Weekly
- The English National XC Champs | Athletics Weekly
- The Reading Half Marathon is this coming weekend. | Reading Half
- Women should try cheerleading and ballet, says sports minister | Guardian
- British fell runner Jenny Cornish responds | Telegraph
- The Listener Podium is taken from our online rankings page
43:25 - Boy on the Run
47:41 - Training Talk - Making the most of your long run.
1. Plan your routes.
2. Do them solo.
3. Plan your routines - breakfast, kit and timings.
4. How far?
5. How fast?
6. Fuel and nutrition
7. Post run recovery
8. Don’t expect them all to be great.
1:03:35 - Interview - 2:10 Marathoner in 1968 and running legend Bill Adcocks.
Bill's book - "The Road to Athens" published in 2004 is still available at £11.00 including P & P from 90 Frilsham Way, Allesley Park, Coventry CV5 9LR, cheques made payable to W Adcocks.
1:34:45 - Winner of the Week.
Congratulations Lisa Heath.
Training for the London marathon with a glute bursa and refused her hospital treatment because she would have to have a week off. She is also working tirelessly to bring back the potteries marathon which really looks like it's happening in 2015.
1:35:48 - Close
- Tom will be running cross country
- Martin will be going long. 22mile long.