Episode 211 - Remembering Sir Chris Chataway
Tom’s back from South Africa. We remember a legend of British running. Galen Rupp goes fast. Meb takes his 22nd title. The TNUTMB fills up. Training Talk is about January marathon reflections. Jantastic is bombing! Tony shares his trials and also news of a special event in Manchester. You rate your run, the podium rocks and we celebrate the global running community.
00:00 - Intro
- Tom's been to South Africa (to his other holiday home, not the one in the Maldives)
- Martin's been grafting. And running 16miles much better.
- Win a place at the Virgin Money Giving Marathon training day with Martin | HERE.
18:51 - Tony shares his plans for a super star fundrasing 'Live' event on Saturday 5th April in Manchester. Perfect for some pre race entertainment. More details and how to book to follow.
- Thanks to adidas for their continued support of the show
- Jantastic 2014 is the place to be
24:23 - News
- Rate Your Run is taken from our forum
- Meb K wins USA Half Marathon Championships
- Galen Rupp runs new American Indoor 5000m record | Flotrack
- TNFUTMB - Fills up fast | Run247
- The Listener Podium is taken from our online rankings
50:30 - Tony's Trials
Tony is unwell.
54:30 - Training Talk. Top 5 marathon training thoughts for January.
1:01:22 - Winner of the Week. | MegsMiles facebook event
Meg Cross Menzies was tragically killed by a drunk driver while out for her morning run on January 13, 2014. As an avid runner, member of the Richmond Road Runners Club, and Boston marathoner, she was a member of the running family nationwide. In her honor, our hope is to raise awareness of drunk driving, texting and driving, and overall safety of runners and cyclists everywhere.
This week we celebrate the respect and coming together of runners everywhere to honour the life of Meg Cross Menzies.
1:07:18 - Close
- Martin will be running longer, slower and deliverying a marathon trainign day for Dorset Athletics.
- Tom will be running, freezing and planning another holiday.