Episode 208 - Jim Murray
We review what we did over Christmas. Jantastic has had over 10,000 people sign up so far. We look at the top female performances from the London Marathon. Dave Bedford gets an OBE. We interview new member of the 100 marathon club and Marathon Talk ‘ever present’ Jim Murray, training talk is about resolutions, Boy on the Run is back and the launchpad is … quiet.
00:00 - Intro
HAPPY NEW YEAR. Thank you for supporting Marathon Talk in 2013.
- Tom's been chasing mankini clad Santa's in Framlingham. Was it you?
- Martin's been in Cornwall.
- Get well soon Ben Forwood.
- Thanks adidas for their wonderful support
- Buy your MT hoodies via Sweatshop using the code MTALK
- Fancy three nights in the New Forest with the Marathon Talk crew? 3 places left | Click here
- All time female top performances at the London Marathon | Read the document and rankings HERE
17:58 - News
- Rate Your Run via our forum
- Dave Bedford awarded OBE | VMLM
- Mutai says Berlin faster than Chicago | The Hindu
- Our running highlights from 2013.
- Your highlights from our facebook page
- The Listener Podium is taken from our online rankings
39:58 - Boy on The Run
46:28 - Training Talk - setting running resolutions | Time Magazine
1. Don’t have too many. What’s wrong with 1 or 2.
2. Make them meaningful to you personally. Truly understand why change is important to you.
3. Have a plan. Know how you are going to achieve them. If they are long term, know the implications and strategies.
59:10 - Interview - Jim Murray
1:35:18 - Close
- The Listener Launch Pad is taken from our events pages
- Tom's getting ready for 8 runs a week in Jantastic
- Martin's getting ready for 6 runs a week in Jantastic
Have a great New Year!