Episode 206 - Rebecca Tomlinson
We talk about different types of runner. Yuki sets yet another record. It's less than 20 days until Jantastic 2014 kicks off. The Marathon Talk spring 2014 weekend is almost full. We speak to Rebecca Tomlinson about her running, there’s the podium, rate your run and Tony’s Trials and training talk is about the 12 days of running Christmas.
00:00 - Intro
- Martin's been sub 17, 'long' running and entering the Moors Valley 10k.
- Tom's been running a max effort PECO, covering 17miles and celebrating with H.
- Thanks adidas for their wonderful support
- Buy your MT hoodies via Sweatshop using the code MTALK
- Fancy three nights in the New Forest with the Marathon Talk crew? Click here
13:30 - Find out more abour Yurbuds earphones from UK MD Phil Savage.
- Who is are the top British runners in the London Marathon in history? Thanks Nuno Sebastião. | Read the document and rankings HERE
29:48 - News
- Rate Your Run via our forum
- What type of runner are you? | BBC News Magazine
- Another sub 2:10 for Yuki | Japan Running News
- A detailed look at Yuki’s 2013 from Brett Larner at Japan Running News | JRN
- The Listener Podium is taken from our online rankings
47:08 - Tony's Trials
- Barry's Project 150
57:25 - Training Talk - 12 days of running Christmas.
- On the first day of Christmas: Review your successes.
- On the second day of Christmas: Chill out!
- On the third day of Christmas: Book an MOT.
- On the fourth day of Christmas: Go window shopping!
- On the fifth day of Christmas: Pass it on.
- On the sixth day of Christmas: Do a killer workout!
- On the seventh day of Christmas: Do something different!
- On the eighth day of Christmas: Sleep tight.
- On the ninth day of Christmas: Chow down!
- On the tenth day of Christmas: Seek sanctuary!
- On the eleventh day of Christmas: new shoes!
- On the twelfth day of Christmas: Catch a sunrise.
1:02:17 - Interview - Rebecca Tomlinson
Registration is NOW open for Plusnet Yorkshire Marathon 2014 Priority Pre-sale
A Priority Pre-sale will take place on Friday 3rd January when those who register in advance will have a chance to secure a sought-after early place.
To join the pre-sale register, all people need to do is visit www.theyorkshiremarathon.com – Once the advance register closes on January 2nd, those on the list will receive an email giving them access to the pre-sale at 9am on Friday, 3rd January.
1:31:51 - Winner of the week
Husbands, wives, partners, children, dogs, grannies and supportive runners families everywhere, we thank you for letting us be runners.
1:32:44 - Close
- Martin will be making Jantastic, fantastic and contining to love his running
- Tom will be with H's family and gearing up for some festive fun.
- The Listener Launch Pad is taken from our events pages
Remember...- Next week it’s Christmas Day! As much as we love the show and although you may think we’ll be sat somewhere together in our 26.2 onsie's eagerly waiting to record, we won’t! But, we do have a special interview with the author of Advanced Marathoning Pete Pfitzinger ready to roll as a Christmas present for you all.