Episode 204 - Haile Gebrselassie
Jantastic 2014 is open for sign up! We bag a last minute interview with the Ethiopian Emperor of Endurance, Haile Gebrselassie. We look back at last week's Fukuoka Marathon and Facebook Friday was lively. You rate your run, there’s a serious podium, Tony is back with his Trials and we’re showing some Aussie love in our Video of the Week.
00:00 - Intro
- Tom's been in Northern Ireland jollying about and is officially a Tom in Training
- Martin's been parkrun comeback PB'ing and filming for the Jantastic launch.
- Thanks to adidas for their continued amazing support
- Marathon Talk 26.2 hoodies should be available on Sweatshop soon, keep checking here | Sweatshop
- Friday Facebook - Can you call yourself a marathoner? Some lively debate on Facebook
- Well done Tony Branan for your Marathon Swag cape.
- Twitter chat with Olympic Games 4th pacer (2x in the marathon) Jon Brown on Thursday Dec 5th at 19:00 GMT/20:00 CET. The twitter account to follow is @EuroAthletics #JonBrownLive
21:32 - News
- Rate Your Run is done via the forum | here
- Some stats from Athletics Weekly about the decline of endurance running | Athletics Weekly
- 1985 Britain had 112 men running under 14:20 for 5k - this year 41
- 1971 Britain had 140 men running sub 31:00 for 10k - this year 28
- 1983 - 229 men ran sub 2;25 for the marathon - this year 26
- The Listener Podium is taken from our online rankings
46:40 - Tony's Trials
51:00 - Training Talk - what about the running?
Five great principles
4. Be in touch with you
5. Keep an open mind
58:25 - Interview - When Matt met Haile
- Haile on Wikipedia
1:30:20 - Video of the Week
Check out Our Australia
In Episode 95 we interviewed Rob de Castella about, amongst other things, the amazing Indigenous Marathon Project. This week’s video of the week takes a wonderful look at the real difference that running can make to people’s lives.
1:30:45 - Close
- Happy Birthday Liz Yelling @girlwhatruns
- Martin will be long running and 6x3 minuting
- Tom's doing the Stockport 10