Episode 202 - Dan Robinson and Hannah Oldroyd
We're talking getting 'yoofed', gun time v chip time, Coe on Mo, 26.2 car stickers, and the ‘what would Dan do comeback’. You rate your run, there’s the forgotten one on the podium, Tony’s been in Spain, we speak to Noel Thatcher about the depth of Japanese running and catch up with ‘Dan (not the) Robinson and the Hannah Oldroyd.
00:00 - Intro
- Tom's not running and convincingly been the weakest at Cross Fit.
- Martin's been having a most pleasant car journey and watching 'The Runners'. | Watch it.
- Thanks to adidas for their amazing support of the show
- Jantastic 2014 is going to be really fantastic. Exciting updates to follow.
- Getting beaten by a young person....
- ‘toddled’ (when beaten by an under 8)
- ‘kiddled’ (beaten by a 9-12 year old)
- ‘yoofed’ (when beaten by a 12-16 year old)
- Gun time versus chip time.
- You're a runner. Get over it. Wall Street Journal Opinion | WSJ
- Rate Your Run on our listener forum
- Paul Pollock and Finnula Britton - NI XC champions. | RTE Sport
- New PB’s for Louise Damen and Matthew Hynes. English 10k road champs. Leeds Abbey Dash | British Athletics
- ‘The Dan Robinson’ on the comeback trail | This is Gloucestershire
- Lord Coe writing on Mo, Salazaar and the Commonwealth Games | Telegraph
45:00 - Martin talks to Noel Thatcher about the depth of Japanese University running | Japan Running News.
1:03:16 - Tony's Trials.
1:11:13 - Listener Podium - taken from our events pages
1:15:00 - Interview
- This week we speak to Dan Robinson (not the) and Hannah Oldroyd about their marathon preparations.
1:47:00 - Video of the week
This amazing video featuring recent world breaking marathoner Wilson Kipsang who ran 2:03:23 in Berlin | Kipsang Video.
1:44:40 - Close
- Martin is probably running 6x3minutes and will be at The Running Show on Saturday.
- Tom will be running the PECO Cross Country on Sunday.
- The Listener Launch Pad is taken from our events pages