Episode 200 - Ronnie O'Sullivan (Part Two)
On this week's show we're celebrating our 200th episode. We're joined by Tony for a little nostalgia. We've got the second part of our interview with snooker legend Ronnie O'Sullivan and a look back at last weekends ING New York City Marathon. The listener podium is back. Plus, how long could you knit a scarf whilst running a marathon?
00:00 - Intro
- Tom's been ordering books and running 70min 10milers.
- Martin's been parkrunning with the entire family and having the SUP of the year.
- Thanks as always to adidas for their continued support of the show
- Our Facebook page is here
11:52 - 200 Episodes of Marathon Talk! Hooray!
- Martin and Tom are joined by Tony for a little nostaligia.
20:15 - the very first intro
24:10 - the Comrades intro.
40:11 - who spoke to Ron?
- Geoffrey Mutai seals the win. Kebede takes the WMM title.
- Patricia Jeptoo smashes the second half for victory.
- Marcel Hug and Tanya McFadden takes the chair races | NYRR Newsroom
57:30 - How long could you knit a scarf as you ran a marathon? | NY Times
59:30 - Listener podium
1:02:43 - Tony's Trials
1:03:43 - Ronnie O'Sullivan (Part Two)
- Find Ronnie on Twitter at @ronnieo147
- Ronnie's book 'Running' on Amazon
- Dr Steve Peters and The Chimp Paradox
1:27:20 - Winner of the Week
"When people cheer your name and say Go USA, Go Meb, you are our hero. I cried when the national anthem played, I cried when people yelled my name and said I was their hero. I cried when I finished about the end. It’s not about me. It would have been easy to just stop but that’s not my best"
- This weeks winner is American marathoner Meb K. Watch his interview and see his passion | Flotrack
1:29:00 - Close
- Martin's running 5 x 1hr and seeing his Mum.
- Tom's bah humbugging again about kids parties.
1:33:00 - Tony's Trials 'The Bullock Smithy".