Episode 198 - Plusnet Yorkshire Marathon
Thank you - we've broken through 2million download mark! It’s Yorkshire tough at the first Plusnet Yorkshire Marathon. We catch up with For All Events organiser Mike Tomlinson and women’s second placer Holly Rush. There’s a 3-peat in Amsterdam, records in Toronto and Gemma Steel is on top form in Birmingham. We ask you to complete the our runner survey. Tony brings us his trials, you rate your run and we announce our spring marathon.
00:00 - Intro
- Tom's been, Going to CrossFit. Watching the Town of Runners and at the England Athletics Hall of Fame Awards
- Martin's been getting used to boys in the house, painful parkrunning and speaking to Ronnie O'Sullivan.
- We've both entered the Greater Manchester Marathon.
- Please take part in our Marathon Talk Runner Survey | HERE.
- Thanks to adidas for their continued support of the show. Check out their competition for one of five places in the 2014 Virgin Money London Marathon - enter your contact details, closing date for entries is the 3rd of November | Link
23:16 - News
We are sorry our website has had gremlins recently. Guru Greg is currently wresting the server 'literally' and we're hoping to get the 'Events' section back up and running again very soon.
- Rate Your Run on the Marathon Talk forum here
- The successful first Plusnet Yorkshire Marathon | The Yorkshire Marathon
32:00 - Interview with 2nd placed woman Holly Rush.
45:40 - We catch up with the brilliant Mike Tomlinson | For All Events
Register for next years Plusnet Yorkshire Marathon. | Season ticket sign up.
- Amsterdam Marathon | IAAF
- Superfast in Toronto! | cbc News
- The Frankfurt Marathon is coming up.
- Oh dear, our podium is broken ;-( The Listener Podium is taken from our events pages
1:06:21 - Tony's Trials
1:18:20- Training Talk - Winter training and how best to set yourself up but not wear yourself out prior to full on spring marathon training.
- Step 1 - Transition
- Step 2 - Reflect
- Step 3 - Action
1:24:40 - Something of the Week
Watch this video right until the end. Tip, arrive at the start line on time! | Yorkshire Post HERE
1:29:47 - Close
- Martin will be writing a funding proposal for Marathon Talk, thinking about going sub 16.
- Tom will be racing the Harewood 10k and sitting in his under crackers.
- The Listener Launch Pad is taken from our events pages
Thank you for supporting the show.