Episode 188 - Moscow 2013 (Part One)
Moscow IAAF World Athletics Championships. Mo is the King, but it was close. Dibaba is queen. The women’s marathon rolled through quiet streets led by a gutsy Italian. We speak to both British representatives Susan Partridge and Sonia Samuels. The Magic Mile kicks off in 2 weeks. There’s a great food focused rate your run. BoTR is back and there’s a chance to run naked. With tigers.
00:00 - Intro
- Tom's fixed and back running. Tom's Dad Brian is flying...literally.
- Martin's form is dodgy but improving.
- Amazing coach, GB cross country team manager, Beatles lover, choir singer and all round good man loses battle with cancer.
RIP - Bob Ashwood.
- Thanks to adidas for their amazing support
- The Magic Mile is open
- Keep going Tony the Fridge. How would you like to run JOGLE carrying a 40kg fridge! | Tony the Fridge
- Richard Whitehead starts his JOGLE. | Run with him.
16:22 - News
- Rate Your Run via our discussion forum here
- Watch Ethan Matyas 'Re-taste of Chicago' Video HERE
- Mo’s lap splits | T&F News
- Great post race press interviews | LetsRun
- Womens 10,000m - Tirunesh Dibaba is the queen. | IAAF
- Women’s Marathon - Straneo the heroine. | IAAF
- Great piece on Valeria from NYRR Newsroom | NYRR
- Brilliant Brits. Susan Partridge 10th. Sonia Samuals 16th.
41:07 - Susan's Interview | @partridgasusan
56:30 - Sonia's Interview | @soniasamuels
1:05:13 - IAAF reporter Jon Mulkeen | @statman_jon
1:18:00 - Tom Bedford talks Mo and marathons | Richmond Running Festival
- Preview of men's marathon is Saturday 17th August 1230 UK time.
- Gemma Steel 2nd at Falmouth 12k.
- Ikano Robin Hood Marathon (and half) is back. | Robin Hood Half
- Bare all for Tigers. A race for Tom! | Streak for Tigers
1:39:51 - Boy on the Run
1:46:47 - Rave of the week
- small, local races. David Owen.
1:47:48 - Close. Thanks for listening this week.
- The Listener Launch Pad is taken from our events pages, enter yours here
- Tom's running and talking at the cabinet office.
- Martin's doing twin things (and hopefully running).