Episode 184 - Zoe Romano
Runners are hot, definately hot. We have an amazing interview with Zoe Romano. She’s running the route of the Tour de France. The Magic mile is ready! Get in. There’s a new feature on the show ‘Boy on the Run’. Global track and field deals with a doping shocker. There’s just 1 woman in the British 10000m trials and a genuine superstar winner of the week.
00:00 - Intro
- Tom's been in Poole and running for hours.
- Martin's been in Poole and not running.
- Support a Tour de France for women | Petition on change.org
- The Tour is amazing right now - check out the pro Team ORICA GreenEDGE team video's for a laugh...
OGERocks (Call me maybe)
- Thanks to adidas for their continued support of the show
- Tune into the Thunder Run tweets via #allin24
- The Magic Mile is open | sign up
- The Marathon Talk Facebook page is here
14:38 - News
- Rate Your Run here
- Ross Tucker's thoughts | ScienceinSports
- Phil Hersch's thought | Chicago Tribune
- British Track and Field Championships - only 1 women in the 10000m final | Athletics Weekly
- Alyson Dixon's medal!
- London Marathon 1985 - Do you know these runners? | Run247
40-47 - Training Talk - Injury Management.
1. Honestly assess the injury
2. Priority should always be to fix the injury before resuming full training
3. Don’t do anything that aggravates it
4. Do do stuff that doesn’t aggravate it
5. Time is a great healer
6. Physios can help you understand
7. You only have one body
8. Sometimes running can actually help
9. What caused the issue in the first place?
10. Do have other interests in your life
47-52 - Boy on the Run | BotR Blog
50-49 - Interview - Zoe Romano.
1:21:40 - Winner of the Week
- Congratulations Australian legend Michael Milton on setting a new world record (5hrs 32minutes) on crutches with one leg at the Gold Coast marathon | Michaels website
1:23:00 - Close
- Martin's off to Tonefest treehugging
- Tom's running the Harrogate 10k.
- The Listener Launch Pad is taken from our global events listings