Episode 182 - Graham Poll
We ask you to run a single mile as fast as you can. The 2013 Magic Mile is ready to go! We speak to top English football referee Graham Poll about training, running and football. We look back at a cracking Diamond League 5000m finish and a super hard mountain vertical km. You rate your run, there’s a young winner, and Tony brings us his trials.
00:00 - Intro
- Tom's been loving the Tour de France (but not some of the spectators) and running with girls.
- Here's the dog that runs out on the TdF race route (Outside Magazine VIDEO)
- Martin's back from the Alps having done a track session, been running backwards, and getting closer to sub 16.
- Thanks to adidas for their continued support of the show
- Win some flash new endless colour Energy Boost adidas trainers on twitter by keeping an eye out for @adidasuk on twitter on Thursday 4th July.
- Check out the new adidas Energy Boost colours
- The Thunder Run is getting closer! Use the hashtag #allin24 to join the conversation
- Our thoughts on the Martin Rees interview.
The 2013 Magic Mile!
- Each year we challenge you to take on the Magic Mile. This is a challenge pitting you against the clock over an iconic distance, one single mile.
- Run a mile as fast as you can solo, as part of on organised race, or set up your own 'Magic Mile'.
- This year’s competition period will run from Saturday the 24th of August through to Sunday the 8th of September. You must run and log mile during this period.
- As always there will be a competitive element, and this year it’s boys versus girls!
- For full details and to sign up see Magic Mile 2013
- Aussie marathoner Wescott withdraws from World Champs. Let Scott Westcott Run facebook.
27:40 - News
- Rate Your Run here
- Mo Farah at the Birmingham Diamond League (BBC)
- IAAF Inside Athletics Mo Interview with Ato Boldon (Watch)
- Bekele not looking good for IAAF World Championships
- Interview with Seb Coe (Esquire Magazine)
- The Mont Blanc Chamonix Marathon. (Race website)
- Zoe Romano is running the route of the Tour De France. (ESPN)
- Zoe’s FB page
- Zoe’s website
- The Listener Podium is taken from the Marathon Talk Global Rankings
47:08 - Training Talk - Getting ready for your Autumn Marathon
- Using your training plan.
54:46 - Tony's Trials
59:40 - Interview - Graham Poll
- Graham's website.
1:28:28 - Winner of the Week
Jack Brannan for 'burning off loads of adults'
1:30:00 - Close
- Martin's at the BMF training workshop
- Tom's at Basingstoke parkrun
- The Listener Launch Pad is taken from the Marathon Talk events pages
Thanks for supporting Marathon Talk.