Episode 18 - Stride UK
Stride UK was set up by Mitch and Elle Phillips to help runners get the most out of themselves through high-tech video gait analysis, Tony's got the blues, Tom's off to Lanza and Martin's running long...
Time - Section
00:00 - Intro
- Tom's car faux pas!
- Hello to Tony and Tom from Woodbank Park (LINK)
- Martin's demolition derby!
- Easy two hours?
05:10 - News
- Records tumble at the Prague Marathon (LINK)
- Adam Holland - 10 in 10 - follow him now (LINK)
- Beetroot Juice Beetroot Juice Beetroot Juice (LINK)
- New 25km World Record, a challenger to Paula? (LINK)
- Two hours of 76 second 400s? Geronimo... (LINK)
- Rocket Ron returns... (LINK)
15:33 - Tony's Trials
- The Blues
17:12 - Training Talk
- How should you think about setting your goals?
- What about prioritising them?
33:05 - Rant and Rave
- Martin raves about... consistency
- Tom rants about... inaccurate courses
35:12 - Interview - Mitch Phillips - Stride UK
- Mitchell and Elle Phillips, co-partners of the Sports Injury Clinic David Lloyd Brighton and Studio57 Sports & Postural clinic in Hove branched into this highly specialised and beneficial service as a direct response to client demand and a sheer passion and interest for bio - mechanics and video gait analysis.
- Check out their website at www.strideuk.com
1:00:05 - Questions
- Is my goal realistic?
- What is a good way to lower my 5k time?
- How accurate are the pace calculators?
- Is two weeks enough rest?
- Twenty-four miles at close to marathon pace... too much?
1:07:05 - Winner of the Week
- Bob Dolphin - At 80 years young he completed his 465th, yes that's right, 465th marathon in Tacoma this weekend only 2 weeks after running Boston!!!! What a great guy and an inspiration to us all!!
1:08:30 - Close
- 'MY MARATHON'
- We want to hear your own personal marthon reviews from all round the world
1. Call us on +44 (0) 208 133 7456
2. Leave a 60 second (MAX) message including...
- Your name
- Where you are from
- What marathon you did
- What you thought of the event
- How your race went
- A score out of TEN
- We'll be interviewing Ryan Hall on Thursday for next week's show
- Martin's nailing the long ones ;)