Episode 174 - Alistair Brownlee
Tom’s having coffee and talking running with Olympic triathlon champion Alistair Brownlee. We look at some sub 2hr marathon thoughts. There’s a novel way to get a running date. How awkward is fancy dress? Training Talk looks at summer strategy. Tony brings us his trials. The podium is full and we’ve a classic race number winner of the week.
00:00 - Intro
- Tom's been moaning about winking.
- Martin's been parkrunning naked and SUPing in North Devon.
- Ian Rutson hangs out his washing.
- Fancy a hug at the end of the 2014 Virgon Money London Marathon? Check out Gumtree.
- Marathon Fancy dress anyone? Angels Fancy Dress.
11:22 - News
- The Foster Collapse sequence. Have you ever done a full Foster! (ARTICLE)
- Kericho International Marathon - 10kms too far! (Standard Digital News)
- 48hr on a treadmill before the Pittsburgh Marathon (Runnersworld)
- Yuki K says no to prizes. (Japan Running News)
- Listener podium - who is on top this week?
32:05 - Training Talk
- Change it up for the summer
- Let's off road
- Speed it up
- The importance of recovery.
43:05 - Tony's Trials
45:20 - Interview - Alistair Brownlee.
- London 2012 Olympic triathlon champion Alistair Brownlee talks to Tom about running.
1:01:45 - Winner of the Week.
- Thanks for making us smile Anthony Gibbons. (Runners World forum)
1:05:00 - Close
- Tom's celebrating and running his 100th parkrun! Congratulations.
- Martin's tree hugging in a yertz.