Episode 172 - Virgin London Marathon
Wow, what a week! We review all the events from the Virgin London Marathon including the expo, catching up with the 3 of the fastest marathoners on the planet, plus all the spoils, speed and successes from the race itself. There’s the fastest listener podium ever, Tony talks seconds in his VLM experience and there’s a BBC runners view in our video of the week.
00:00 - Intro
- Tom and Martin have been at the Virgin London Marathon Expo all week and watched the race from Westferry on Sunday. Plus,
- Dinner with Mo Farah and Richard Whitehead
- Coffee with an Aussie champion, Kurt Fearnley
- Beckton parkrunning
09:10 - News
- Rate Your Run
- The 2013 Virgin London Marathon
- What about Mo? He went to halfway.
30:55 - Catch up with top British man Derek Hawkins
- The women's race - crash course collision! All over for Gelena but glory for Jeptoo. (Race report)
VLM Post race interview with Jeptoo.
VLM statement on collision.
Watch the collision HERE.
50:00 - Catch up post race with top British woman Susan Partridge.
- The men's wheelchair - Aussie legend Fearnley finds his sprint finish and grabs the title. (Race report)
VLM post race interview with Fearnley.
- The women's wheelchair - McFadden takes the win ahead of training partner. (Race report)
VLM post race interview with McFadden.
- The IPC Event. - Richard Whitehead flexes his muscles. Again. (Race report)
1:07:45- Marathon Talk 'celebs' at VLM - we speak to Jaz Bangerh and Diane Adkins.
- VLM not the fastest this weekend though - that was Hamburg. (IAAF).
- Listener podium! It's the podium of podium's this week!
- The Marathon Talk marathon rankings 2013
1:28:33 - Tony's Trials
Proud of Tony and want to support his charity to say thanks? Donate HERE.
1:40:55 - Video of the Week.
BBC Sport presenter Mike Bushell's VLM in 4mins. Mike carried a camera with him during this years London Marathon. Watch it HERE.
1:41:30 - Close
- Martin's trying for sub 16 again
- Tom's looking for a big goal
Fancy getting yourself a Marathon Talk tee for running 26.2? Go on reward yourself, HERE.