Episode 167 - Libby James
There are 2 weeks to go in Jantastic 2013. 110,000 runs logged! We’ve news about blogs, fast fields, inspiring winners and big race big name drop outs. Yuki runs a PB, again. Tom speaks to the amazing 103% age grading Libby James. Training Talk covers racing in a marathon build up. Tony brings us his hilarious trials. You rate your run and the podium is largely Spanish.
00:00 - Intro.
- Tom's been running flat out
- Martin's been running flat out too
- Thanks to adidas for their continued support
- Jantastic 2013 is only 2 weeks away from completion and you've run over 110,000 times!
- The King is dead. DannyGate.
- A inspiring story about the recent winner of the Gusher Marathon, Imran Leon. (Beaumont Enterprise)
- Acceptable in the 1980’s a great blog from runner Mike Crawley.
19:35 - News.
- Dibaba out of Virgin London Marathon (BBC)
- Hall and Mosop out of Boston (Runners World)
- A full interview with Ryan about his injury HERE.
- Rotterdam announces loaded field (IAAF)
- NYC Half Marathon, Kipsang wins. (NYTimes)
- LA Marathon - the race with the gender challenge. (Toni Reavis BLOG)
- Yuki does it again! (Japan Running News)
32:45 - Plusnet Yorkshire Marathon - the course chat with event lead Lisa Ashcroft.
- More places available in the Plusnet Yorkshire Marathon.
Email Siobhan@janetomlinsonappeal.com for an application form
- Who'se on top of this week's Listener Podium?
42:20 - Training Talk - 12/15 - Marathon Coutdown - Getting your pre marathon race right.
- If it goes really well...
- don’t get all super excited and smash yourself in the days after the race
- remember your long term goal
-readdress your marathon goals? But by how much?
- If it goes really badly...
- Don’t panic - 1 bad race doesn’t make a bad marathon
- Think about reasons it could’ve gone badly.
- Dwell for only the same day! Wake up better.
- Don’t try and make up for a poor run by hammering your training - it could tip you over the edge at a really important time in your build up.
57:00 - Tony's Trials.
1:00:00 - Interview with 103% age graded runner 76yr old Libby James.
- New World age best for the half marathon. (Coloradoan)
1:37:30 - Running video of the week.
Sent in by Ellie Greenwood. Features the fastest marathoner in a suit Adam Campbell.
1:38:00 - Close.
- Martin's away next week. Sans smugglers
- Tom's running the Harewood 10k
- Listener launchpad - where are you running?
1:38:20 - End.