Episode 166 - Richard Whitehead
Team GB 2012 Paralympic Gold Medallist Richard Whitehead and Professor Andrew Lane chat to Martin, the Jantastic performances roll in, there’s a Japanese Olympian on the comeback trail and a British Olympian taking time out, the England Commonwealth standards cause controversy, the Gaza Marathon is cancelled (are there any ladies present), there’s Tony’s Trials, Video of the Week and a full listener podium.
00:00 - Intro
- Tom's been York parkrunning, cross country relaying and Jantasticating!
- Martin's been in the loft, chatting with Nell and hanging out with Crammy
- Thanks to adidas for their continued support
- Jantastic is 75% done and you've run 103,000 times!
15:45 - News
- Jo Pavey expecting baby number 2 (BBC)
- England Athletics announce their Commonwealth standards (Athletics Weekly)
- You can find the selection policies here - englandathletics.org
- Athletes tweet their views on the criteria - tri247.com
- Gaza Marathon cancelled (outsideonline.com)
35:56 - Training Talk - Andrew Lane
Check out these awesome resources...
1:07:45 - Tony's Trials
- The Grindleford Gallop 2013
1:17:20 - Richard Whitehead
- Richard is on Twitter at @marathonchamp
- Richard's Wikipedia page is here
1:53:30 - Running Video of the Week
- 'Every Runner Has A Reason: Steve Bell' (YouTube)
- Published on the 7th of March 2013 "Steve Bell was born with cystic fibrosis, but doesn't let it stop him from doing what he loves most. Watch his inspiring story and see how running has shaped his outlook on life. Every runner has a reason. What do you Run For?"
- Thanks to Simon Brass for the nomination on Facebook
1:54:00 - Close
- Martin will be back on the Jantastic wagon and enjoying a free weekend!
- Tom will be interviewing, Jantasticating and watching the footy