Episode 165 - Dave Moorcroft (Part Two)
The Olympic marathon Champ crashes his car and the Boston champ is a Kenyan MP. Bath, Biwa and Silverstone race results. The second 4 weeks of Jantastic 2013 is complete. There's the second part of our interview with former 5000m world record holder Dave Moorcroft. In our marathon training talk countdown we speak to Matt Fitzgerald about nutrition. Tony brings us his trials and who will top the podium?
00:00 - Intro
- Tom's been continuing his Jantastic disaster and not wearing spikes.
- Ray's Charbonneau’s Book.
- Thanks as always to adidas for their support
- Jantastic enters Marchvellous! The final four weeks of the challenge! Approaching 100,000 runs logged so far! Full results.
- We announce the 8 winners of a fantastic adidas goody bag!
19:34 - News
- Uganda's marathon Olympic gold medalist Stephen Kiprotich in car accident. (All Africa)
- Boston Marathon winner Wesley Korir elected as a Kenyan MP! (Flotrack)
- Don Valley Stadium to be demolished. (Telegraph)
- Lake Biwa Marathon results and Japanese strength at 26.2 (IAAF)
- The Bath Half - Congratulations Martin Rees on new Age 60+ World record!
- Silverstone adidas Half Marathon Overall and Weir win.
- IAAF to retest urine samples from the 2005 World Championships (Telegraph)
39:40 Being a volunteer. We chat to Lynne Preston about the Plusnet Yorkshire Marathon and 'Eventeers'
For All Events (Run For All, Walk For All, Swim For All) - volunteering information.
The Plusnet Yorkshire Marathon – volunteering page.
For All Events - Volunteer Policy
52:00 - Training Talk with best selling running author Matt Fitzgerald.
Matt's new book - The New Rules of Marathon and Half Marathon Nutrition.
1:14:22 - Tony's Trials
1:23:40 - Interview - Dave Moorcroft (Part Two)
- Dave on Wikipedia
- 16 days of glory video
- Bislett 1982 and the amazing World record (video)
- Coventry Conversations with David Long (video)
1:54:14 - Video of the Week
- Anton Krupika show us how to run in the winter.
1:54:45 - Close
- Martin will be with Steve Cram at Sandy Balls.
- Tom will be thinking of something to fill his empty diary.
Thanks for supporting the show. Fancy treating yourself to a snappy Marathon Talk 26.2 tee - click here.