Episode 163 - Helen Clitheroe
We’re half way through Jantastic 2013. Febulous long runs are rolling and you just keep running! There’s huge trouble for South African Paralympic champion Oscar Pistorius. Mo Farah is running half of the London marathon. There’s a superfast RAK half. Kenyan legend Moses Kiptanui speaks out. Training Talk looks at getting the edge. We speak to GB track star Helen Clitheroe about her marathon debut.
00:00 - Intro
- Martin's been winning the V40 age group at the Lytchet 10miles in Dorset.
- Tom's been slipping and sliding around the 4th PECO Cross Country
- Thanks to our partners adidas for their continued support of the show and community. Last week adidas launched the new running shoe the Energy Boost.
- Watch the adidas BOOST launch in NYC HERE.
- Check out Run247 Paul Shanley's video summary HERE.
- 08:45 One lucky parkrunner, Ben Stevens won an adidas competition to the launch in NYC and a place in the Virgin London Marathon. We catch up with him.
- Jantastic 2013 is halfway! 6 weeks done. 4,183 runners have logged 76,143 runs.
- Fancy a flash looking Marathon Talk tee to say well done so far? Check out our gear.
30:47 - News
- Mo Farah to run the 2013 Virgin London Marathon (well, half of it). (Press Release)
- Running Dan W's BLOG
- Video of Mo running in Kenya.
- The Rock n Roll New Orleans Half Marathon next weekend is loaded. (Competitor)
- Superfast RAK Half Marathon. (Race Results Weekly)
- Kenyan Legend Moses Kiptanui says ‘doping is rife in kenya’. (BBC)
48:35 - Training Talk
- Halfway through our 15 week marathon build up.
- Feeling fitter, stronger and ready for the next critical 4 weeks.
- It's time to focus!
1:05:25 - Tony's Trials
Tony goes for a riverside run
1:07:50 - Interview - Helen Clitheroe
- Reigning European Indoor 3000m champion making her marathon debut at aged 39 in London this year. Find out about her training and aspirations.
Follow Helen on Twitter.
1:36:50 - Video of the Week
- BBC Olympic Highlights. Can you guess the most watched? It's here.
1:31:43 - Close
- Listener launchpad - where are you running?
- Martin will be running 12 miles.
- Tom will be wearing his magic slippers.