Episode 161 - Kurt Fearnley (Part one)
Yuki Kawauchi does the ultimate mansuit zipping. There's some news regarding supplement use. The first 4 weeks of Jantastic is complete and we announce our first months winners of adidas high viz running jackets. Febulous kicks off! There’s a Tony’s Trials takedown and great results on this week podium. We’ve got the first of our 2 part interview with 2 time Paralympic wheelchair marathon champion Kurt Fearnley.
- Martin's been flooded running, seeing dinosaurs and at the VLM 'Meet the Experts' weekend.
- Tom's been PB'ing and singing Happy Birthday H.
Thanks adidas for the continued support of the show and helping us bring it to you every week for free.
adidas are launching a revolution in running - the adidas Energy Boost on the 13th February in New York City! Watch the teaser video.
- Listener dilemma? Fahd Choudhry asks "I've booked to run the Edinburgh Marathon and my friends just announced their wedding on the same day. Should I go to the wedding or run?"
- Fancy a luxury running retreat in the French Alps in the summer 2013? Martin is holding a trail running camp in June (1st - 7th, details here) and Liz Yelling is hosting her annual running retreat (suitable for all runners) in Sept (7th - 13th, details here)
Both camps are hosted in an amazing luxury chalet with a swimming pool, mountain views over Lake Annecy and all food, coaching and transfers provided. Watch last years camp video.
- JANTASTIC - the first four weeks are complete!
- 4,161 participants
- 54,765 runs logged so far!
- 1624 runners scored 100% for all of Jantastic so far!
- 2367 runners scored more than 80%
- 3379 runners ‘completed’ the first 4 weeks.
Congratulations to the winners of our first four weeks. These winners were drawn at random using guru Greg's 'randomometer' from everyone who 'completed' the first 4 weeks of Jantastic.
The winners of a fabulous adidias high viz running jacket are:
Robert Mann, Catriona Probert, Tim Bateson, Ben Shillitoe, Wayne Donovan, Matt Mccormack, James Shipton and Paul Inskip.
- We're all now rolling on into Febulous. Remember to add your target for how many times a week you'll run in February and the distance of your longest weekly runs HERE.
- Rate Your Run
- DMAA, Claire Squires and sports supplements. (BBC)
- Yuki does it again! Real racing as it should be. (Japan Running News)
- Watch the face of Yuki over the final few kms.
- Marathon Talk listener podium
33:50 TRAINING TALK
Week 6 of 15 of our Marathon Training countdown. This week we tackle The Long Run.
- what's it all about
- what types of long run to try for novice and experienced marathoners
- how fast to run your long runs
49:45 TONY'S TRIALS
Tony takes down Team Twitter.
52:45 INTERVIEW - KURT FEARNLEY (Part One)
Kurt Fearnley won gold at Paralympic T54 wheelchair marathon in Athens and Beijing and bronze in the marathon in the Paralympic Games London 2012.
NOTE - Listen to Kurts Australia Day address on ABC Radio National Special Broadcast.
Viv Fraser rants about non runners who say I told you so.
- Please spread the word about Marathon Talk, get stuck into the website and generally be amazing people every day.
- Where are you running? The Launchpad.