Episode 160 - Brett Larner
Brett Larner is the founder and main man behind the amazing Japan Running News, talking of amazing how about a sprint finish in Dubai between five runners, all finishing under 2:05 including a junior World record by 90 seconds! The London Marathon announce the World's most elite field ever and the Baby Faced Destroyer steps up to 26.2.
00:00 - Intro
- Martin's been running in Regent's Park, working on the Bournemouth Marathon route and staring into men's eyes!
- Tom's been Joining In, sub sixing with Danny Norman and speaking to Brilliant Brett Larner.
- Thanks as always to our friends at adidas running for supporting the show
- Check out the Hapalua Half - thehapalua.com
- Jantastic is going jantastically!
- 4,132 participants
- 42,194 runs logged so far (this made Tom's week!)
- 1,875 people on 100%
- 3,302 people completed to date
- Check out the team results here
16:07 - News
- Five break 2:05 in Dubai (letsrun.com)
- Yuki takes things steady (Japan Running News)
- Fantastic coverage of Rupp's 3:50 inoor mile (letsrun.com)
- The greatest elite field of all time? (virginlondonmarathon.com)
- Tokyo gets ready to take the stage (IAAF)
37:03 - Training Talk
- Marathon Training week 5 of 15
- End of your first month and the routine should be there
- Fitness should be coming
- We talk all about hills
47:32 - Tony's Trials
- Heart rates and lactate thresholds, Tony style
59:00 - Interview - Brett Larner
- Check out Brett's Ekiden article here
- 'Training for the Hakone Ekiden' by Jason Lawrence - here
- Japan Running News is here
1:45:35 - Rave
- Dion Russell and the Australia XC team (runnerstribe.com)
1:47:20 - Close
- Tom will be running intervals, hanging out in Hillsborough and 10k PBing!
- Martin will be interviewing Kurt Fearnley, meeting some experts and running running running