Episode 16 - Mara Yamauchi
Mara Yamauchi joins us for a chat about her 2010 VLM experience, Tony sets a new world record, Tom walks the walk, we hear from some super fast Aussies and no-one throws their pants at Martin!
Time - Section
00:00 - Intro
- From now on each episode of Marathon Talk will be released during the day on Wednesday (UK time)
- On Saturday the 1st of May Mark Cooper sets off on his first of 50 marathons (LINK)
02:01 - News
- Hamburg marathon (LINK)
- Plains, trains and automobiles (LINK)
- Martin plays to the crowds on stage and hangs out at mile 23
- Tom fights the gingerbread men to run a 1:28/1:28 for 2:56 (LINK)
- Virgin London Marathon results (LINK)
- Check out the highlights on BBC iplayer (LINK)
- Before and after interviews from Marathon Talk listeners
- Check out Andrew Lemoncello's VLM race report on The Life of Lemon (LINK)
37:26 - Tony's Trials
42:17 - Training Talk
- Missed your marathon goal? Don't beat yourself up... take a reality check and keep moving forward.
48:15 - More listener race reports...
- Jackson Williams runs barefoot
- The Emmerdale crew
- Steve Way
58:12 - Rant and Rave
- Martin raves about the journey... you gotta roll with it!
- Tom rants about ranters!
1:01:20 - Interview - Mara Yamauchi
- Following a marathon journey to get to the start line, how did this race go for Britain's number two female marathon runner.
1:08:21 - Questions
- Twenty six days to recover... really?
- Why did my legs explode at mile 20?
1:11:42 - Winner of the Week
- The Virgin London Marathon and all who organise her!
1:13:07 - Close
- The show must go on... every week is marathon week!
- Girlzrun training day... it's not for boys! Check out www.girlzrun.co.uk
- James Cracknell coming soon, questions please...
- Marathon Talk will now be released during Wednesday DAY (UK time)