Episode 158 - Amby Burfoot
Amby Burfoot won the Boston Marathon in 1968 and is still going strong with over 50 consecutive years of competitive running. The Yorkshire Marathon sells out in just four days, Jantastic kicks off in style. Plus Training Talk covers week three of your 15 week marathon training schedule.
00:00 - Intro
- Martin's been one short of a full Jantastic, working with Capital FM and not winning the Dorset XC champs.
- Tom's been moving house, 100%'ing and feeling the cross country love
- Thanks as always to the amazing adidas running uk
- Jantasticants log 16,083 runs in just eight days!
- Sue Pearson visualises her end goal...
- A fantastic week for For All Events as the inaugural Yorkshire Marathon sells out!
13:53 - News
- Houston Marathon report from Let's Run
- Ireland unlikely to send their European Championship winning ladies team to the World Cross Country Champsionships (Irish Examiner)
- Nicole Cooke retires with a bang (BBC)
26:50 - Training Talk - Marathon Training week 3 of 15
- All about pace control
- Easy / Steady / Tempo / Threshold / Fast / Very Fast
- Use heart rate to learn pacing skills
37:42 - Tony's Trials
38:13 - Interview - Amby Burfoot
- Find Amby on Wikipedia here
- Buy his book at www.ambyburfoot.com/
1:23:47 - Winner of the Week
- The inspirational Mike Tomlinson, nominated on Facebook by John Wisely
1:24:50 - Close
- Tom will be in Scotland, Carlisle and Brass Monkey watching
- Martin will be in Brighton, hankering after that sub 16 5k and prepping to race his pace
- Listener launch pad... check out our events pages here