Episode 152 - Chris Fulcher
We update you on Jantastic and AdventYourRun. There is news from marathons across the world including couples getting hitched and runners going wrong. 2012 has been the fastest in marathoning history at the sharp end. Tony brings us his weekly trials, you share your weekly run ratings and we’ve got a super interview with the inspiring former sedentary specialist turned Welsh international runner Chris Fulcher.
00:00 - INTRO
- Tom's been in London at the new Sweatshop Store in Trump Street.
- Martin's been in London at the new Sweatshop Store in Trump Street.
- We've both been out for dinner with the amazing Chrissie Wellington who announced her retirement from pro iron distance racing on Monday. (Chrissie's Blog)
-Thankyou to adidas for their continued support.
- AdventYourRun - every day on Facebook we're setting you a Christmas Countdown run challenge. Can you open every day?
24:55 - NEWS
- Rate Your Run
- The Fukuoka Marathon. The best report and info from Japan Running News.
- Overall. 13th. 2:14. Haile G. DNF. A. Lemoncello DNF.
33:10 A post race catch up with Andrew Lemoncello.
- Super Speedy Stats for global marathoning from Ken Nakumara. (Track and Field News).
- Naked running in NZ. (Digital Spy)
- Athletes Jessica Ennis, Mo Farah and David Weir nominated for BBC SPOTY 2012. (includes women - thank goodness!). (UKA)
- The Marathon Talk Listener Podium
1:09:32 - TONY'S TRIALS
1:13:40 - INTERVIEW - Chris Fulcher has gone from beer drinking and drug taking couch potatoe 'sedentary specialist' to Welsh international marathoner!
1:47:05 - WINNER OF THE WEEK - THE LEGENDARY TONY'S AUDENSHAW
1:48:00 - CLOSE
- Listener launch pad - where are you racing?
1:54:04:00 - END