Episode 150 - 500 Marathon Man: Steve Edwards
There’s a trio of news from Japanese races, a chance to win a place in the Virgin London Marathon 2013. Ultra runner Jez Bragg announces a great New Zealand adventure and we talk to the incredible Steve Edwards. He’s run 500 marathon’s in under 3hrs30mins. Training Talk this week is all about planning a successful winter. You rate your run, give us a winner and who will make the podium?
00:00 - INTRO
- Tom's been Abbey Dashing
- Martin's been sub 4 minute miling (well, not quite)
- Thank you to our friends at adidas for helping us bring you the show every week for free.
- Facebook feedback - cross country
- WIN a place in the 2013 Virgin London Marathon with Lucozade Sport. Starting this Sat 24th Nov - run (or volunteer) at a parkrun every week (6) until Christmas for a chance to win one of two places. #chaseyourplace. Details.
09:03 - NEWS
- Rate Your Run
- WADA to introduce 4 year bans? (Guardian UK)
- Fukuoka Marathon - Dec 2nd - update elite fields. (Japan Running News)
- Yokahama Marathon - New course record for Cheromei. Pavey DNF. (IAAF)
- Turin Marathon - Cherop wins. (IAAF)
- Wow! 290 runners run sub 70mins in the Ageo City half Marathon in Japan (Japan Running News)
- Ultra runner Jez Bragg off on an amazing New Zealand adventure. (run247)
- Listener podium
25:44 - TRAINING TALK - Plan your winter (Part One)
1. Reflect and review
2. Think about aspirations
3. Get a goal
4. Establish your budget
39:49 - TONY'S TRIALS - Aren't runners lovely.
41:55 - INTERVIEW - The marathon godfather Steve Edwards has run over 500 marathons in under 3hrs 30minutes.
You can see all of Steve's marathon results in date order here.
1:25:40 - WINNER OF THE WEEK
Christopher McCarthy's best friend James
01:31:29 - END
- Tom will be hanging out with his Dad
- Martin will be in Brighton
Thankyou for supporting the show.
Martin & Tom.