Episode 144 - Lee Troop (Part Two)
Ethiopians rule at the Chicago Marathon. Brit girls do well at the World half marathon championships. There's a new marathon world record from a bloke in a suit. We catch up with Adam Chataway after his first of 6 marathons and have the 2nd part of our insightful interview with Aussie marathoner Lee Troop. You rate your run. Tony brings us his dogged trials and you rave about beating the sweeper.
00:00 - INTRO
- Tom's running scared at night
- Martin's been at the Windsor Half Marathon and missing the start of parkrun
06:40 - We catch up with Adam Chataway on completion on marathon number 1 in Argentina.
- Riccardo Salvador dropped us an email re the BMW Berlin Marathon.
- Adam Campbell runs a 2hrs 35mins for a new world record in Goodlife Fitness Victoria Marathon.
- Thanks to adidas for helping bring you the show every week.
17:32 - NEWS
- Rate Your Run
- The 35th Bank of America Chicago Marathon - Ethiopian top 3, new course record and biggest field ever. (LetsRun)
- The IAAF World Half Marathon Champs. (IAAF) No Brit men but the girls do well.
- The 89th International Peace Marathon in Kosice (IAAF)
- Marathon Talk podium
37:08 - TRAINING TALK - the benefits of post marathon downtime.
42:45 - TONY'S TRIALS
- The Kinder Trespass
- Watch Write Van Man 'Going out up Kinder Scout"
46:46 - INTERVIEW - Part Two of our interview with Australian Olympic Marathoner Lee Troop.
1:10:20 - RAVE
Andrew McEvoy raves about sweeper beating Jenny
1:10:43 - CLOSE
- Listener launch pad
1:18:43 - END
Thanks for supporting the show.
Martin & Tom