Episode 134 - Women's Olympic Marathon.
The London 2012 Olympic Games are in town! We preview the women's Olympic marathon this Sunday. Paula Radcliffe injury woes as the world record holder withdraws from the marathon. Freya Murray steps in. We speak to Team GB marathoners Scott Overall, Freya Murray, Lee Merrien and Claire Hallissey ahead of the Games. The Magic Mile hots up and Tony brings us his weekly trials.
00:00 - INTRO - **The London 2012 Olympic Games have begun**
- Martin's been to Olympic Park to watch the swimming
- Tom's been watching it on TV.
07:59 - NEWS
- Thank you adidas for helping bring the show to you for free every week.
- The 2012 Marathon Talk Magic Mile is open to register. Get involved and represent Team UK, Team USA or Team Rest of the World. Details.
- Come and join us for the women's Olympic marathon on Sunday August 5th.We'll be here - Corner of Friday Street and Queen Victoria Street. Race starts at 1100. Get there early!
- Paula Radcliffe is OUT! World record holder withdraws from Olympic Marathon. Statement.
- Freya Murray in as replacement.
20:25 - We speak to Freya Murray.
- Team GB Dave Webb also OUT of men's marathon team. (BBC)
- The Women's Olympic Marathon - Sunday August 5th - REVIEW.
- We look at the main contenders and how the race could unfold.
- BOO - 4 Kenyan drug bans. (LINK)
- Marathon Talk podium
46:29 - TONY'S TRIALS
53:06 - TEAM GB MARATHON INTERVIEWS
53:38 - Claire Hallissey
1:02:22 - Lee Merrien
1:13:35 - Scott Overall
1:21:00 - RAVE
Being a 2012 Games Maker
1:22:30 - CLOSE
- Marathon Talk listener launchpad
- Men's kit should be back in soon at Sweatshop (here)
1:28:03 - END
Enjoy the greatest show on earth with the London 2012 Olympic Games!
Thanks for supporting the show!
Martin & Tom