Episode 13 - Steve Way
This week we talk to a one time over-weight smoker who now boasts a marathon PB of 2.25... Steve Way.
Time - Section
00:00 - Intro
- Tom does battle with the Gingerbread Men!
- Martin takes on some Easter choccy...
- Not long until your marathon day
- Check out Daniel Moll at www.runoz.com
- Paula Radcliffe to be interviewed!!!
- The weekly mantra... 'it's only a flesh wound'
05:23 - News
- Marathon Talk up to tenth in the itunes sports podcasting charts... thanks for supporting the show!
- Adidas Sundown Marathon (LINK)
- Cherry juice aids recovery... (LINK)
- Old Mutual Two Oceans Marathon (LINK)
- Wilmslow Half Marathon (LINK)
10:10 - Tony's Trials
15:50 - Training Talk - Race Week
- We break your race week down into two sections... a) running and b) lifestyle
31:39 - Rant and Rave
- Martin rants about jog snobbery
- Tom raves about the runners of the future
35:00 - Interview - Steve Way
- One time smoker Steve Way talks us through his running career to day and his plans for the Virgin London Marathon.
1:07:44 - Questions
- Should I try to 'make up' for a missed long run?
- Can I shorten my taper based on fewer training miles than expected?
1:12:30 - Winner of the Week
- The Bungay Black Dogs
1:14:46 - Close
- The 'Injury Step'
- Tom's out for a big one with Daz'n'Dom
- Martin's polishing off the choccy!