Episode 129 - Dr Andrew Murray
Team GB, the magic mile, a fast 10k in Boston, some great Kenyan performances, Ellie Greenwood wins the WS100. We interview Scotland’s Physical Activity champion Dr Andrew Murray, there’s a full podium, Tony brings us his trials, and there's a North East Winner of the Week.
00:00 - Intro
- Martin's been yodelling!
- Only a few places remaining on Liz's September training camp (details)
- Tom's been getting older!!
- Thanks to adidas for all their support
- Get ready for the 2012 Magic Mile
11:05 - News
- Lee Merrien cruises to victory (BBC)
- Arata Fujiwara's stunning 2 x 10k session (Japan Running News)
- Ellie Greenwood win's WS100 (iRunFar.com)
- Comrades winner tests positive (sport24.co.za)
- Geoffrey Mutai cracks out a great 10k on the road (IAAF)
- Details of the full Kenyan athletics squad for London 2012 (capitalfm.co.ke)
- Read all the latest Team GB news at Athletics Weekly
38:18 - Tony's Trials
46:53 - Interview - Dr Andrew Murray
In 2011 Andrew completed an amazing run covering 2,659 miles from Scotland to the Sarah desert. He’s also won the Gobi Challenge, the Sahara Race, the 6633 Arctic Ultra, the Indo Jungle Ultra, and recently the North Pole Marathon. With a medical background in general practice and sport and exercise medicine he’s currently employed by the Scottish government as their Physical Activity Champion.
- Check out Andrew's website - scotland2saharah.com
- Listen to his tweets - @docandrewmurray
1:23:13 - Winner of the Week - Bob Houston
- Nominated by Liam Friel
- Find out more about the Blaydon Races, including the song lyrics. (here)
1:24:53 - Close
- Martin will be in Harrogate
- Tom will be in Harrogate