Episode 128 - Jason Henderson
This weekend it is the UKA Olympic track and field trials in Birmingham and we’re joined by the editor of Athletics Weekly, Jason Henderson to preview the middle and long distance events. We have 2 places to give away at the brand new Royal Parks Ultra. We intro the magic mile. Training talk is about regular summer peaking. You have a proper rant. Tony brings us his trials and what’s the deal with podium?
00:00 - INTRO
- Martin's been running with a dog
- Tom's been watch too much sport.
- The 2012 Magic Mile - it's coming soon! #signupforfast
- As a heads up….it’s your chance to represent your country!
- The competition will be UK v The rest of the World V USA
- Between the 3rd to the 16th of Sept you will need to run one flat out mile.
- #signupforfast – you have to sign up to participate during July
- Events you set up will be listed on our events page.
- If you think you’d like to co-ordinate an event then get your pals, club mates, friends and family to test themselves over a mile and set an event up.
- It’s just a personal challenge! How fast can YOU run a mile.
- Times will be converted to an age graded percentage and an average calculated for each region
Registration details soon!
** WIN A PLACE IN THE 2012 ROYAL PARKS ULTRA **
- Taking place on Sunday 7 October 2012, starting alongside the multi-award winning Royal Parks Foundation Half Marathon, the challenging and inspiring route will run through some of London’s Royal Parks and pass many of London’s iconic landmarks.
- To win one of 2 places the first 2 people to answer the following question correctly on THIS WEEKS SHOW NOTES (remember you have to be signed in to comment) will win a place!
Please name the eight Royal Parks in London ...
- Sorry Shan Gravell!
- Bekele to run the UK Trials 10000m (Athletics Weekly)
- UKA announce European Champs track and field team (Athletics Weekly)
- Grandma's Marathon (LINK)
- The Western States 100. (WS100)
29:46 - TONY'S TRIALS
- Tony loses weight and squeezes into his smugglers
- Here's how...
35:53 - TRAINING TALK
- 5 point plan to regular peaking.
40:18 - INTERVIEW - JASON HENDERSON
The Editor of Athletics Weekly shares his thoughts on the distance races at this weekends UKA Track and Field Trials in Birmingham.
1:04:24 - RANT
Dawn Broom goes off on one about 'not being a charity runner'.
01:05:14 - THE LAUNCHPAD
01:11:00 - CLOSE