Episode 11 - The Long Run Show with Midgie Thompson
This week we join you on your long run and bring mental performance coach Midgie Thompson along for the ride. We also have a double helping of Tony's Trials, catch up on some great listeners questions and talk about world records and barefoot running.
Time - Section
00:00 - Intro
- It's the long run special
- Mart's back running :)
- Tom's feeling fit but his arms still aren't working :(
- Check out Tristan via www.runlikecrazy.com
- Thanks to Bevan and John at THE triathlon podcast... www.imtalk.me
- Some more mantras to keep you moving
09:03 - Interview with Midgie Thompson - Part One
Canadian born mental performance coach and author, Midgie Thompson specialises in 'Inspiring Excellence' in individuals and teams. As a master practitioner in NLP and hypnotherapy, she helps develop performance skills by combining mental toughness techniques with balanced lifestyle choices. Midgie founded Bright Futures Coaching Ltd in 2003 and has been providing motivational, mental performance and personal development coaching ever since.
Check out Midgie's website... HERE.
22:37 - News
- Siraj Gena wins Rome marathon, crossing the line in... bare feet! (LINK)
- Story about Abebe Bikila's story click HERE
- Zersenay Tadese breaks World Half Marathon record with 58:23 (LINK)
- Mara Yamauchi wins New York Half Marathon (LINK)
- Follow Haile Gebrselassie on Twitter HERE.
- Reading Half Marathon won in 63:03 and 72:47 respectively (LINK)
29:34 - Tony's Trials
- Massaging the truth - part one
39:39 - Training Talk
- What to do straight after your long run...
- Drink and eat well
- Put your compression gear on if you use it
- Get to bed early
- What to do the following day...
- Do some form of low impact exercise... swim, bike or row?
- Have a great breakfast
- Perhaps a massage?
56:05 - Midgie Thompson - Part Two
1:08:55 - Rant and Rave
- Tom turns his rant into a rave!
- Martin rants his way down the prom...
1:14:45 - Questions
- How to pace your marathon and what's the best overtaking procedure.
- Two marathons in seven days... with a half-Ironman 'chaser'... how?
- What should I wear for a colder marathon?
1:24:47 - Midgie Thompson - Part Three
1:41:55 - Tony's Trials
- Massaging the truth - part two
1:46:34 - Winner of the Week
- Kirsty Snellgrove
1:47:47 - Close
- Think about 'form' in the final couple of miles of your long run
- Save some starving students by helping Leeds parkrun reach 300 runners for a single event
- Will Martin re-light his racing flame?
- Tom's back on his bike... again!