Episode 109 - Sir Chris Chataway (Part Two)
On this week’s show we’ve got the second half of the fascinating interview with legend Sir Chris Chataway, it's the end of the first week of febulous, it's 'ahhh Vienna' for Paula, there's more trouble in the Kenyan selection camp, Mo takes a sub 4 tumble and 76 men run under 64 mins for a half in Japan. You rate your run, there’s a tripletastic fundraising winner, Tony brings us his weekly trials and snow doesn’t stop play in the UK.
Intro - 00:00
- Happy 40th Birthday Martin!
- It's been snowing. Our favourite pic was taken by at Pauls Arts High Seat, nr Keswick in the Lake District, UK.
Febulous update - 2285 participants logged 46,773 runs so far!
- 586 runners are still on track for 100% after the first week of Febulous!
- 24 people did a week one Febulous long run of over marathon distance
- Well done to Guy Willard with 52 at Double Ironman Lanzarote
- Marathon Talk LIVE FROM LEEDS
- Weds Feb 22nd in Leeds! At University of Leeds with TW, MY and LY, and TT,
- Come and join us! All lectures are free and open to the public. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a place at any of the lectures or to find out more information about the Celebrating the Games lecture series HERE
- Thanks for the support of Talk Ultra. 6,500 downloads in week 1.
Episode 2 out this Friday 10th Feb.
News - 15:35
- Chicago Marathon sells out in 6 days.
- Paula’s running in Vienna on 15th April – Half Marathon (IAAF)
- Who are the fastest marathoners right now?
- Kenyan Catherine Ndereba wants Olympic Games spot. (Daily Nation)
- Mo takes a tumble in Millrose Games Boston Mile but still PB’s and sub 4’s! (Eurosport)
- 2012 Kagawa Marugame International Half Marathon - super, super fast! (Japan Running News)
Tony's Trials - 32:30
- Frustration no more as Tony get some overtraction devices!
Training Talk - 37:18
- Get it right in February!
- Jan should have been about building some base and getting into a routine – you should have done this by now and be on the way to getting stronger and running longer
- Feb is about building on this - build your long run up – for first time marathoners this might be just continuing to step up your distances each week.
- For more experienced runners this might be adding more miles but also getting more specific with pace and control of long runs.
- Either way both are about consolidation of what you did successfully in Jan.
- Build more specific workouts in during the week – build distance in your weekly interval session as well as at the weekend.
- Great chance to start thinking about races if you done so already!
Interview - 45:40
- Sir Chris Chataway (Part Two)
- As a double Olympian, World record holder over 5,000m, Commonwealth and European medallist, and BBC Sports Personality of the year (all in 1954!) Chris is a true legend of British running. Tom caught up with him to talk through the early years of his amazing career.
Tripletastic winners! - 1:08:06
- Fraser Hale nominates everything Guelph but mostly John Marsden, Reid Coolsaet.
Close - 1:10:41
- Martin will be... not eating chocolate, getting back into some speedy stuff.
- Tom will be... Long running, parkrunning somewhere!
- GOOD LUCK Mark Barrow in your 24hr challenge!
Martin & Tom