Episode 10 - Sarah Russell
This week we catch up with the race director of the Tunbridge Wells half marathon, Sarah Russell. Martin helps you to live longer, one of our listeners wins a 250km desert race and Tony's in trouble!
Time - Section
00:00 - Intro
- Martin's back from Lanza but feeling glum :(
- Tom finally paces his long run well
02:30 - News
- Silverstone Half Marathon (link)
- First ever Kilomathon (link)
- Running makes you live longer
- The World's most southerly marathon (link)
- The equaliser run (link)
10:10 - Tony's TRIAL
- Tony's in the dock!
15:00 - Training Talk
- Dropped a clanger? Don't panic!
- Had a flyer? Don't get complacent!
24:20 - Rant and Rave
- Martin 4 Eddie (link to iplayer)
- Tom's undercover injury!
28:40 - Sarah Russell
- As race director for the Tunbridge Wells half marathon Sarah had a tough day in the office yet still put on a great event. We talk to Sarah about the demands of being a race director.
1:07:35 - Questions
- Pacing Boston... go out hard and hang on? (link)
- Dealing with increased hunger during big training
- Using heart rate during racing
1:16:255 - Winner of the Week
- Iain Ridgeway
1:18:20 - Close
- Check out our Facebook discussion board (link)
- Next week it's the long run special
- Martin and Liz are off to Reading this weekend
- Did Tom make it to the gym?