Episode 030 - Chrissie Wellington
Last month Chrissie Wellington smashed her own Ironman record at Challenge Roth, running a 2:48 marathon after 'warming up' with a 2.4 mile swim and 112 mile bike... we found out how she did it! We also caught up on the latest news from the world of running, Tom turned veggie and Martin went all Alpine...
Time - Section
00:00 - Intro
- Tom's been sleeping instead of training... sleep training?
- Martin's running 5:30 miles... with Ruby!
04:18 - News
- Come and join the Marathon Talk Smackdown fun... CLICK HERE NOW.
- Gold for Balciunaite and Rothlin in the European Marathon Champs (marathonguide.com)
- Brits led home y Michelle Ross-Cope and Lee Merrien
- Huw Lobb takes out the Swiss Alpine Marathon in 3:16 (run247.com)
- Central American & Caribbean Games Marathon (marathonguide.com)
- One hundred marathons in 100 days... on a treadmill! (run247.com)
12:11 - The Road to Chicago
- Liz turns up the volume!
15:22 - Training Talk
- We discuss the major differences between a stand alone marathon and an Ironman marathon
28:40 - Rant & Rave
- Tom rants about a complete load of tosh... HERE.
- Martin raves about British 10k track running... GO TEAM GB!
32:50 - Interview - Chrissie Wellington
- We caught up with Chrissie for a chat about her recent World Iron-distance Record
1:03:05 - Question of the Week
- From runner to Ironman?
1:09:40 - Winner of the Week
- Jean and Stan Payne - Nominated by Jocelyn Payne via email
- Nottingham Marathon competition winners... Simon Earley, Stephen Jones & Jayne Williams
- Tom's tapering... his meat intake!
- Martin's hanging out in France :)