Episode 522 - Welcome to 2020 - Fergus Crawley (Part One)
Let's Do This sponsor the show this week. We’ve made some New Year’s running resolutions, Kenya are picking their Olympic Marathon team early, Steve’s 43 year sub 5min mile streak comes to an end, there were some snappy parkruns over Christmas and are marathon efforts being normalised? You rate your run, wear your kit around the world, Thriva bring you Training Talk, Holly speaks to Movember runner Fergus Crawely and Tony is here with his Trials.
This weeks show is sponsored by Let's Do This. Let’s Do This aims to inspire more people to have epic experiences. With over 30,000 events listed, from fun runs to triathlons Let's Do This is designed to help you find and book your perfect race.
To mark the MT / LDT partnership this month, the LDT team is offering you the chance to win entry* to an event of your choice on the Let’s Do This platform, for you and a friend. To enter, post a picture of your best epic experience of 2019 using the hashtag #epicexperience and tagging Let’s Do This on Insta, Twitter or FB!
- Martin's waxing on about resolutions, spending time with the kids and hitting the same old dull time at parkrun
- Holly's been poorly so busy plotting her 2020 race calendar.
- Thanks to all the amazing Marathon Talk Patrons
- Kit Around the World is on Instagram
- Check it out here
- Share images of you, on the Gram, using #kitaroundtheworld and we'll read our favourites on the show
- Buy your Marathon Talk leisure wear from Art of Your Success
- Buy your Marathon Talk technical gear from Xempo
- To Rate Your Run, head to Twitter, tell us about a recent run, give it a mark out of ten, tag @marathontalk, and use the #RateYourRun
- Marathon efforts are increasingly normalised so cheats are trying to keep up! Guardian
- Kenya picking Olympic teams early | Daily Nation
- Fast parkruns and big turnouts over the NY! Fast Running
- A sub 5min mile every year for 43years! Steak comes to an end. LetsRun
Interview - Fergus Crawley - Part One.
This week’s Training Talk is sponsored by Thriva.
Thriva is a finger-prick blood test that allows you to track everything from cholesterol, liver function, vitamin D, B12, diabetes indicators and more.
Hamish Grierson co-founder and CEO of Thriva tells us more.
Start the New Year with all the information you need to enhance your running in 2020 and get 50% off your first personalised Thriva kit using code: MARATHON50 at www.thriva.co
- Martin will be stormbreaking and VMLM FB Live this Friday!
- Holly opening the ASICS FrontRunner applications and in Cornwall.
Thank you to our awesome volunteer production team, this weeks interview Fergus Crawley, this weeks sponsors Let’s Do this and Thriva and you for listening.
*Let's Do This event entry T&C's.
- A winner will be picked at random at 5pm on Monday 27th January and the winner will be announced on that week’s show.
- Event entries up to maximum of £75 per person may be selected.
- The two entries must be for the same event.
- Entries to the race chosen must be open to the public and not subject to a public ballot or raffle.
- Entires are not transferable.