Episode 355 - Barry Smyth
Martin speaks to running data geek Barry Smyth, Tom's back from his sick-bed, there's news of a documentary about Nicky Spinks Double Bob Graham, loads of BQs in Hawaii, and a Training Talk that challenges your goals, strategies and motivations.
00:00 - Intro
- Martin's been starting to feel rubbish
- Tom's been finishing feeling rubbish
- Check out the super-cool Marathon Talk kit around the World
- Link to Facebook album Marathon Talk around the World
- Also check out Tom Wake’s interactive world map
- Support the show and buy some MT Xempo kit (ask about getting it personalised)
19:00 - News
- BQs in Hawaii
36:00 - Training Talk - Self Reflection Time
- Think carefully ...
- What do you want to achieve?
- Why do you want to achieve it?
- What is the most appropriate strategy?
- What are the implications of that?
- Are you happy with those?
- What commitments do you need to make?
- What's the bigger picture?
1:01:53 - Interview - Barry Smyth
1:38:18 - Close
- Martin will be watching daytime telly in his Spiderman dressing-gown
- Tom will be running 25 miles. Again.