Episode 411 - Tina Muir
We’d love you to come and join us and 5x Olympian Jo Pavey for Run Camp 2018, Colin McCourt avoids the tattoo’s, there’s some rapid running in Delhi, Former GB runner and podcast host Tina Muir joins Martin and Liz in this week’s interview, US based coach Mario Fraioli is in the house talking training. You could win loads of running gear in Santa’s Sack, plus you Rate Your Run, stand atop the Podium, and climb aboard the launch pad.
- Martin's been double buggy parkrunning and feeling under the weather.
- Tom's got manflu!
- Helen's been enjoying a child free long weekend in Milan!
Run Camp 2018 is OPEN!
We're super excited with Run Camp 2018! Come and join us, a load of Marathon Talk friends and our star guest Jo Pavey for a great weekend away.
BOOK NOW! (Places sell out pretty quick so crack on!).
- Thanks so much to all our listeners who've supported the show by becoming a Patron
- Find out how you can get involved, via this link to our Patreon page
Marathon Talk Santa's Sack.
The first ever Santa’s Sack is open! In the lead up to Christmas we’re showcasing a number of top gifts for runners to give you ideas and inspiration for the running enthusiast in your life! We’ll be looking at top gifts on the show each week and you can find details of every product on the dedicated Santa’s Sack page of our website. Each brand we’re mentioning is also offering a listener discount code so you can grab yourself a bargain this Christmas. But that’s not all…we’ll also be sending one lucky listener the entire contents of the MT Santa’s Sack! Enter your details on the Santa’s Sack page and one winner will be picked at random to receive one of each product mentioned throughout the campaign. Brands involved include: Runderwear, Soar, New Running Gear, Aftershokz, Oofos, Art of Your Success, Chester Running Tours, The Altitude Centre and The Warm Up.
Kit Around the World
- Each week, listeners send in photos of themselves flashing their Xempo Marathon Talk kit all around the world
- If you've got a photo in your kit then please email it to email@example.com so we can share on the show
- Check out Tom Wake's interactive Kit Around the World photo album
Rate Your Run
- Share your runs on social media, giving them a rating out of 10
- Post to Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook, using #rateyourrun
- Your posts will appear on our Rate Your Run social wall.
- Colin McCourt goes sub 16 | Athletics Weekly
- Delhi HM super rapid! | IAAF
- We like this. Will other races follow? Richmond Marathon
- World Marathon Age group Champs. | WMM
The Listener Podium
- Each week we celebrate your marathon results on The Listener Podium
- To add your result, and maybe get mentioned on the show, you need to do the following:
- Login to this website
- Search our event listings for your marathon (if it's not there you can add it)
- Add your marathon result
- Bask in the golden-glow of glory
Training Talk - Sponsored by Runderwear.
This week’s Training Talk is sponsored by Runderwear, a British brand which makes seamless, moisture-wicking, technical performance underwear to prevent chaffing. Find out more and buy online at www.runderwear.co.uk where you can get 20% off online orders using code MT20 until 24th December 2017. You can also enter their special Marathon Talk competition to win a Runderwear bundle –there’ll be a male winner and a female winner. Enter online here by Thursday 30th November.
This week on the show we're joined by US coach Mario Fraioli talking off season transitions.
Interview - US based British runner and podcast host Tina Muir
- Helen is back with the kids, battling the ever ongoing thyroid issue and going out for dinner with her husband.
- Martin is hopefully going to be feeling better, heading to the panic room and at the Boscombe 10k.
- Check out The Listener Launch Pad