Talk Ultra Archive
Take a browse through our archives.
- Episode 35 - Jornet, Forberg, Canaday, Olson, Clayton, James
- It’s all about Transvulcania! We have a special co host, Anna Frost. We have post race interviews with the men’s winner, Kilian Jornet. The ladies winner, Emelie Forsberg. We catch up with 3rd, Sage Canaday, 4th, Timothy Olson, 7th place, Cameron Clayton and top 50, Dave James. In addition we have a blog, 15 minutes of fame, Talk Training, up and coming races and of course the news.
- Episode 34 - Hollon, Hicks, Davies & Stephenson
- We speak to 22 year old Nick Hollon who just recently finished the infamous Barkley Marathon. We catch up with Natalie White from Inov-8. We have chat with Ozzies Brendan Davies and Shona Stepehenson who placed 5th and 2nd respectively at UTMF in Japan. Talk Training we speak to Mitch from Stride UK. We speak to Chris Mills in 15 mins of fame. Blog, News, Up and Coming Races and of course, Speedgoat.
- Episode 33 - MDS Special & Adam Campbell
- This weeks show honours the injured and fallen at Boston Marathon. We have daily chat from the Marathon des Sables (Tobias Mews, Danny Kendall and Stuart Rae) bivouac and interviews with top placed Brits, Danny Kendall and Jo Meek. We interview Arc'teryx athlete, Adam Campbell. We discuss Mojo in Talk Training with Niandi Carmont, we have 'A year in the life of...' a Blog, Speedgoat, the News and 'Up & Coming Races'.
- Episode 32 - Richard BOWLES Dr Phil MAFFETONE
- Speedgoat makes it 35 at Antelope 100... Richard Bowles is about to embark on another journey! Talk Training with Dr Phil Maffetone. A catch up with Mike Wardian on recovery and racing. We have a 'Year in the life of', the last episode of our MDS' build up, 15 mins of Fame with Tony Di Giovani, the News, Up and Coming Races and a Meltzer Moment.
- Episode 31 - Joe Grant & Ruby Muir
- Joe Grant tells us all about his experiences at the 350m ITI in Alaska. Run sensation, Ruby Muir from New Zealand tells us what it's like dominating Tarawera Ultra.. Talk w/ Daniel Rowlands & Rebecca Pattinson, respective winners of the Atacama Crossing in Chile. Ian Sharman discusses the News, Marc Laithwaite talks hills , Speedgoat has a Meltzer Moment and we have A year in the life of, MDS special and the Up & Coming Races.
- Episode 30 - Owens, Reiter, Bottger
- We bring you interviews with Philipp Reiter and Julia Bottger from Gran Canaria. We have a main interview with Brit, Tom Owens. Talk Training is about nutrition and was recorded live with an audience in Lanzarote. We have all the usual features, the news, up and coming races, 'A Year in the life of...' our MDS special, Speedgoat Karl and of course the up and coming races.
- Episode 29 - Gary Robbins, Jez Bragg, Catra Corbett, Joe Grant
- Gary Robbins tells us what it's like to return to not only win Hurt 100 but to set a new CR. Jez Bragg tells us about completing Te Araroa. Joe Grant says goodbye. Colourful Catra Corbett tells us about drugs, alcohol, running, tattoos, clothes and Truman. In addition to all that, we also have... phew; Talk Training, 'A year in the life off...', Marathon des Sables special, Meltzer Moment, Races and the News.
- Episode 28 - Geoff Roes & Emelie Forsberg
- We interview Geoff Roes winner of the 2012 Western States and star of Unbreakable. We catch up with Emelie Forsberg. On Talk Training we discuss Kinesiology taping with Paul Coker. We have A Year in the Life of..., part 2 of our MDS special, the News, a Blog, a Meltzer Moment and the Up & Coming races.
- Episode 27 - Canaday, Grant & James
- Sage Canaday tells us about how he got into running and all about his transition to ultra. Joe Grant gives us an update on the 350 mile Iditarod Trail Invitational in Alaska. We speak to Dave James who had a win at Coldwater Rumble recently. We have talk tainining, a year in the life of, the news, a blog, a Meltzer Moment, up and coming races and we have a new special on the 2013 Marathon des Sables.
- Episode 26 - Wardian, JourneyFilm, Bragg
- Our main interview is with TNF athlete, Mike Wardian. We speak with inspirational film makers and ultra runners, JB & Jennifer Benna from JourneyFilm. Live from the Te Araoratrail in New Zealand we speak with TNFathlete, Jez Bragg. We have ‘A year in the life of…‘, Talk Training, A Meltezer Moment, the News, a blog post, 15mins of fame and of course the up and coming races.
- Episode 25 - The Christmas Special
- MERRY CHRISTMAS. A super stacked festive show with some incredible stars of 2012. Our show includes interviews with Ellie Greenwood, Timothy Olson, Western States RD Craig Thornley, Ryan Sandes and Lizzy Hawker. We announce the winners of 'A Year inthe life of...'. Talk Training is about heart rate training and Karl, Ian Sharman and myself review the year. Merry Christmas to you all and thank you for making 2012 a great year!
- Episode 24 - William Sichel
- We have an extended interview with ultra running legend, William Sichel. William, who is now 59 years old has been setting records and winning ultra long races for years. In Talk Training we discuss overtraining and highlight some of the warning signs. Speedgoat Karl joins us and we have a Meltzer Moment. We have a blog, discuss the news and mention the up and coming races and Christmas is less than two week away!
- Episode 23 - Max King, Brendan Davies, Stevie Kremer
- We speak to man of the moment Max King after his incredible wins at UROC and JFK50. Oz fast man, Brendan Davies talks about the ultra scene down under and his win at GNW100. Pocket Rocket Stevie Kremer tells us what it's like to move from the US to Italy and race at the highest level. Talk Training is about run shoes. We have the news, a blog, up and coming races and of course Speedgoat Karl Meltzer
- Episode 22 - Mike Wolfe, Jez Bragg & Linda Doke
- A main interview with TNF athlete Mike Wolfe on his transition from lawyer to full time ultra runner. Jez Bragg inspires us and provided a 'coup' at a TNF press conference in London. Salomon runner and 'Saffa' Linda Doke tells us all about the super tough and iconic 100 miler Diagonale des Fous (Raid de la Reunion). Talk Training has pt2 on run technique, we have the news, a blog by Frosty, up and coming races and of course Speedgoat joins us.
- Episode 21 - Andy Symonds
- Our interview this week is with Salomon athlete, Andy Symonds. We have chat with Marathon des Sables RD Patrick Bauer and we catch up with ISF Executive Director, Lauri Van Houten at the end of the Skyrunning season. Talk Training has Pt1 of a 2 part discussion on run technique and Speedgoat gives us his Good, Bad & Ugly. We have a blog, the news and up and coming races.... oh, and don't mention my knees!
- Episode 20 - Hutchison, Le Roux
- We speak to Speedgoat all about Grindstone 100. Chat from the Royal Parks ultra with Dimitrios and Silvia. Niandi Carmont catches up with inspirational ultra runner, Mavis Hutchison. Mike Le Roux tells us all about the Grand Slam of ultra. Ian Sharman discusses the news and Marc Laithwaite discusses 'winter' in Talk Training. We have a blog for you and of course the up and coming races. Plus the Good, Bad and Ugly with Speedgoat Karl.
- Episode 19 - Conway Murray Grant Frost & Krupicka
- We honour Teresa Farriol, catch up with Ian Sharman. Chat to Terry Conway pre Cavalls discuss Paleo with Barry Murray and interview Joe Grant, Anna Frost and Tony Krupicka after the Skyrunning Cavalls del Vent. We have blogs, races and an unusual Meltzer Moment.
- Episode 18 - Morton, Noakes, Meltzer & Karnazes
- A stellar show with chat and an interview with Run Rabbit Run winner and all time ultra legend, Karl Meltzer. A catch up with Mike Morton on Badwater and that incredible 24 hour. Prof Tim Noakes discusses 'hydration' in Talk Training and I interview Dean Karnazes. We also have news, blogs and up and coming races. Our best show yet...? Maybe!
- Episode 17 - Trofeo Kima & UTMB
- Karl Meltzer joins Ian as co host. We have interviews from Trofeo Kima and UTMB. We speak to Kilian Jornet, Emelie Forsberg, Andy Symonds, Nuria Picas and Philipp Reiter at Kima. Interviews with the Vibram Trail Running Team - Francesca Canepa, Ronan Moalic, Beppe Marazzi and David Gatti at UTMB, finally we speak to Mike Foote and UTMB winners Francois D'Haene and Lizzy Hawker plus,Talk Training, News and up and coming races.
- Episode 16 - Samantha Gash
- On the show we speak to South African Linda Doke in Zinal, we catch up with Terry Conway from the UK and break some great news upon the ultra world. Ian Sharman joins the show for the news and Talk Training is back. Our interview is with Australian, Samantha Gash and Speedgoat Karl chews the ultra fat in a Meltzer Moment. We mention three blogs, discuss the up and coming races and get ready for UTMB.
- Episode 15 - Devon Crosby-Helms
- What a show! We have Mike Wolfe co host the show and give us his own insight into the ultra world. We have in depth interviews on the Lakeland 50 & 100 in the UK, we interview Fast Foodie, Devon Crosby-Helms and Speedgoat Karl tells us all about the Speedgoat 50k in a Meltzer Moment. We review the news and tell you what races are coming up.
- Episode 14 - Hal Koerner
- The news is stacked with some incredible performances. We interview the winner of Hardrock 100 and legend of the sport, Hal Koerner. Speedgoat Karl tells us about about fighting the sleep monster and previews Speedgoat 50k. On 15 mins of fame we talk to a mix of runners who are taking part in the Lakeland 50/100 and we preview up and coming races.
- Episode 13 - Mimi Anderson
- Ian has been in the Pyrenees with Arc'teryx and had the opportunity to catch up with Arc'teryx/ Salomon athlete Adam Campbell, we discuss the latest ultra news with Ian Sharman, Karl Meltzer discusses Hardrock 100 in a Meltzer Moment and our interview is with the lady who personifies pink and ultra running, Marvellous Mimi Anderson. We wind up the show with up and coming races and Ian is getting ready for the Lakeland 50.
- Episode 12 - Timothy Olson
- Wow! Western States what a race. This show is all things Western States... we speak to Ellie Greenwood, Nick Clark, Ian Sharman, Karl Meltzer and our main interview is with the outright winner and course record holder, Timothy Olson. We also have Talk Training, news and up and coming races. Also, fancy running a fast mile... ?
- Episode 11 - Jez Bragg
- Ian has been running with a light saber, Ian Sharman discusses the news. Our main interview is with Jez Bragg just before he heads out to America. Karl gives us a Meltzer Moment, we discuss race day nutrition in Talk Training and on 15 minutes of fame we talk to Dean and Greg from The African Attachment. We recommend three blogs and we shout out about some up and coming races.
- Episode 10 - Scott Jurek
- IanC is recovering from the Canaraies and Pyrenees. We have quick post Zegama chats with Tom Owens, Emelie Forsberg & Lauren Jeska, Ian Sharman discusses the news, We talk Hydration in Talk Training. We interview Scott Jurek. Arthur Webb talks Badwater. Speedgoat gives us his Good, Bad and Ugly and we tell you what is coming up...
- Episode 9 - Transvulcania La Palma
- Interviews with Dakota Jones, Anna Frost, Joe Grant, Nikki Kimball, Mike Wolfe and Tony Krupicka. My guest co host for the show is Marcus Warner from Ultra168. We discuss the race, what it's like to hang out with the best in the world and also what it's like to run with them. We preview this weekends race, Zegama and we also have some surprise audio..... with Kilian Jornet.
- Episode 8 - Comrades Special
- A show decicated to the Comrades Ultra Marathon in South Africa. We have interviews with Bruce Fordyce, Ellie Greenwood, Steve Williams, Caspar Greeff, Nicolaas Claassen and Zola Budd. In addition we bring you news and results from around the world, our current favourite blogs, Talk Training with the Ten Commandments of Ultra Running a Meltzer Moment with Speedgoat Karl and of course up and coming races.
- Episode 7 - Mike Morton
- Ian C raced the Iznik Ultra in Turkey, Ian S is snow boarding. News from around the world, audio from RD, Caner at the Iznik Ultra, we speak to Ilgaz who hosts a podcast in Turkey. Blogs, we interview Mike Morton. We introduce a new segment to our show called Talk Training. A Meltzer Moment with Speedgoat Karl, Ultralegends with Phil Essam, 15 minutes of fame, we round of the show with up and coming races.
- Episode 6 - Ellie Greenwood
- In this weeks show... we tip our hats to Caballo Blanco, news & results. An update from James Adams on Barkley, we speak to Richard Bowles just before he departed on a 5 month journey. Three blogs. Our interview is with female speedster, Ellie Greenwood. Ultralegends, A Meltzer Moment, who won a pair of Hoka One One? 15 min of Fame with Jo Zakrzewski. What races are coming up and we fill you in on what we are up to!
- Episode 5 - MDS Special (Part One)
- This weeks show includes an interview with Race Director and Race Creator Patrick Bauer. We also interview top Brit, Jen Salter who placed 3rd female overall in 2010. In addition to this we have news from around the world, a Meltzer Moment and up and coming races. This is part one of a two part show.
- Episode 5 - MDS Special (Part Two) The Interviews
- This is part two of our MDS special and includes five seamless interviews with Patrick Bauer, Terri Handy, Mark Gillett, Jen Salter and Didier LeMalvoyant Des Sables.
- Episode 5 - MDS Special (Part Two) The Interviews
- This is Part Two of our Marathon des Sables special and includes five seamless interviews - Patrick Bauer, Terri Handy, Mark Gillett, Jen Salter and Didier LeMalvoyant des Sables
- Episode 4 - David Horton
- In this weeks show... we have news from around the world, an interview with ultra legend, David Horton, Ultralegends with Phil Essam, a Meltzer Moment with Speedgoat Karl and 15 min of fame with Chris Bairstow
- Episode 3 - Anna Frost
- It's a whopping show at 2:19 hrs, so, start planning your long runs this weekend.... On this weeks show we catch up with Tom Dennis running around the world, we speak to Shane Ohly on his Ramsey Round attempt and we interview Anna Frost. Phil Essam gives us an Ultralegends, Speedgoat Karl tells us his Good, Bad and Ugly and our 15 mins of fame is UK ultra runner Mark Cockbain
- Episode 2 - Gordy Ainsleigh
- Gordy Ainsleigh - In 1974, Ainsleigh was the first to run the course of the Western States Endurance Run. At the time, the trail was used only by horses participating in the 24-hour Western States Trail Ride. When his horse went lame prior to the race, Ainsleigh decided he would run the torturous 100 miles (160 km) of mountain trail. This was the beginning of the Western States Endurance Run.
- Episode 1 - Ryan Sandes
- Welcome to the first show of Talk Ultra hosted by Ian Corless & Ian Sharman. We will bring news, reviews and interviews from around the ultra world.